- Advice on bullies Jan 23, 2015
- Nweti campaigns lauded in HIV Policy and Advocacy Monitor Jan 15, 2015
- Soul Beat Africa
- Audience Reception and Evaluation Study for Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Communication Program in Malawi, Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe Jan 22, 2015
- Community Based Monitoring to Increase Access of Adolescents to Primary Health Care Services: A Soul City Case Study Jan 21, 2015
The Soul City Institute for Health & Development Communication
As the Soul City Institute we believe in society, communities and individuals have a right to live their best lives in an environment that is safe, supportive and sustainable.
In a world where communities are faced with complex social challenges, the role played by social and behaviour change communication organizations such as Soul City Institute, is crucial for this to happen.
The Soul City Institute for Health and Development Communication (SCI) is a “not-for-profit”, nongovernmental organisation and the largest social change communication project in Africa. Using a combination of mass media, social mobilisation and advocacy, the Soul City Institute aims to improve the quality of life and health of people in Southern Africa through strengthening individuals, communities and society based on active citizenship and principles of social justice. It is driven by the recognition that human rights are fundamental to health and development.
Soul City Institute’s programmes have influenced and shaped the lives of millions of children, adults and communities within South Africa and the continent.
Ongoing research informs our multi-media platforms as we work together with South Africa’s communities to achieve real, measurable social change.
Meaningful change requires:
- Creating an enabling environment
- Collective action
- Strengthening services
- Developing skills and agency
- Healthy public policy