6th SA Aids Conference
- Linking alcohol consumption and HIV risk – Stories from Galeshewe
- Presented at the 6th Annual SA Aids Conference, Soul City’s Phuza Wize campaign highlighted the strong link between alcohol consumption and the spread of HIV. The presentation focused on the alcohol advocacy project in Galeshewe, Northern Cape, a province with historically high levels of alcohol abuse.
- Examining the impact of the OneLove campaign on key drivers of HIV infection in South Africa
- Launched in 2007, the OneLove campaign aims to decrease HIV infection through generating discourse about key drivers of the epidemic in South Africa. HIV incidence in South Africa showed a decline from 14% in 2010 to 12.7% in 2011. Despite the decline, the actual number of infections remains high making HIV prevention a key priority in managing the epidemic. A presentation made by Soul City at the 6th SA Aids conference examines the impact.
- Audience Engagement on HIV prevention Messages through Interactive Social (Digital) Media
- The use of interactive media platforms to engage an audience has increased over the past few years. Soul City has utilised these platforms to generate dialogue and debate on HIV prevention.